Chipotle Spiced Chicken Burger without a bun (Gluten Free)




I love my burgers lean ,soft and chewy! If you want to eat healthy , looking for something lean  but with little bit of a spicy kick, then this burger recipe is for you. One of the reason I gave up on store bought patty is that it has so much fat/chemicals  in it and does not have any flavor on them. Who needs to eat tasteless frozen burger when you can make it at home  healthy and tasty.

I buy the leaned minced chicken from Amish market  in Kingston. Their meat is always tastes like real meat, hormone and anitobotic free. I know it sounds like a paid endorsement, trust me I don't get paid to promote their products,  there's a big difference in your burger when you use fresh meat over the store bought frozen ones.

Now , As per the spices added, you can cut down if spices are not your thing. I really love the heat from Smoked Chipotle powder and Crushed Red Pepper flakes. Coriander powder adds light curry flavor to the burger along with sweetness from cooked onions. If you notice the recipe, I do not add bread crumbs  or egg to prevent the patty from falling apart. The trick is in the thick  Greek Yogurt, it holds the patty together nicely. I have  also ditched the burger buns also in the recipe, considering I am trying to limit the carbs  and eat healthy. Burgers turned out deliciously spicy and  I made  the sauteed spinach  to go with it. I hope you all enjoy the burger as much I did.


Ingredients:

2 tsp of olive oil
1 medium onion finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp smoked chipotle powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 crushed red pepper flakes
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 pound ground chicken
1/4 cup plain yogurt  (Greek Yogurt preferred)

Direction:

1. Heat the  skillet  and add olive , then add onion, chipotle , coriander , pepper flakes  and salt
2. Cook until onions are tender and add garlic ,cilantro, bell pepper and cook for about another  2 minutes
3 . Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let it cool
4. In another bowl add the minced meat , yogurt and  stir in the mixture (step 3) and mix it  evenly
5. Shape in to 4 1/2- inch thick Patties
6. Pre heat the non stick skillet  over medium heat and panfry about 4-5 minutes per side .
(you can flip it when the patty starts to brown on the bottom)
 

Comments