Whole Wheat Banana Bread with Walnuts
I hope every one is getting ready for the Mother's Day tomorrow. It's going to be a beautiful sunny day in New Jersey, I thought of sharing a perfect breakfast /brunch recipe that is super easy to make and will impress any mom who deserves a treat on this special day.
This healthy whole wheat Banana bread can be served with a low fat cream/ butter or just with a cup of coffee /tea. All great moms need a break in the kitchen, pamper yours with this delicious banana bread recipe! Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing women out there!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
1/4 cup oil (canola, vegetable or coconut)
1/4 cup plain /Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease and flour a 9" by 5" loaf pan. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon).
4. In another mixing bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (mashed bananas, oil, yogurt, vanilla and eggs). Add sugar, chopped walnuts and mix well.
5. Stir in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
7. Bake the bread for 45 to 50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
8. Cool the bread in the pan to room temperature.
Note: To all my dear blog friends, I am back to exploring new recipes after a short break from blogging. I am looking forward to read/share all your wonderful recipes and food adventures !