Yellow Pumkin Curry,Collard stir fry,Bitter Gourd Salad and Rice
Ingredients: Yellow Pumpkin Curry
500 g Pumpkin
1 Small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
3 Fresh green chilies, seeded and chopped
8-10 Curry leaves
1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
1 1/2 cups thin coconut milk
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Thick coconut milk
1 teaspoon Black mustard seeds
1. Peel pumpkin and cut into large chunks.
2. Put into a pan with all the ingredients except the Thick coconut milk and mustard seeds.
3. Bring slowly to simmering point and cook gently, uncovered, until pumpkin is almost tender.
4. Meanwhile, grind the mustard seeds and mix with the thick coconut milk.
5. Add to the simmering pot and cook for 5 minutes longer on very gentle heat.
Ingredients: Bitter Gourd Salad (Bitter Melon)
1 lbs Bitter gourd (Bitter Melon)
1 red onion
1 green chillier (optional)
1/2 tsp sugar
Salt and Pepper
1. Cut the Bitter Gourd into 1/8" thick slices and deep fry till golden brown.
2. Slice the onion and the tomato and add to a bowl.
3. Next chop the green chilies in to very small pieces add to the bowl.
4. Squeeze the lime juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Mix and serve immediately.
Ingredients: Stir Fried Collard Greens
2 pounds fresh collard greens
3 tablespoons pure olive oil
1 medium-size onion, minced