Stuffed Fish Buns (Baked)
I was going through my old recipe book and found a delicious stuffed fish bun recipe for an afternoon snack. This hot Fish Buns make your mouth water and it taste great with chili sauce. I have used Tuna fish for the filling, but you can put any vegetarian (onion and potatoes mix) or Minced meat (Chicken/Lamb). I usually do the bread dough over night and it will make the bun more delicate and soft once you bake it.
2 x 170g flaked light Tuna
1 small Onion chopped
1 green Chili chopped
1 sprig curry leaves (optional)
1 piece Cinnamon or 1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 inch Ginger root (minced)
4 cloves Garlic (minced)
2 tbs Olive oil
Salt, Pepper and Cardamom powder (optional) to taste.
4 medium Potatoes boiled, skinned and cut into pieces.
1. Drain the two cans of tuna.
2. Heat the oil in a skillet (frying pan).
3. Add crushed ginger and garlic, stir, add onions, green chili, curry
Leaves and cinnamon.
4. Cook until the onions are tender light brown.
5. Add drained tuna, stir all together. Allow to cook for a few minutes.
6. Add the drained tuna liquid.
7. Stir and allow cooking until the liquid is dry.
8, Add salt, pepper and cardamom powder. Stir until well mixed.
9. Add potatoes and mix well. Cook the mixture until well cooked
10. Turn off heat and let the mixture cool off.
Ingredients: Dough ( For the Bun)
3 cups warm water
3 tablespoons active dry yeast
3 teaspoons salt
4 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup white sugar
8 cups bread flour
for glazing York
1. In a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast, salt, oil, sugar, and 4 cups flour. Mix thoroughly, and let sponge rise until doubled in size.
2. Gradually add about 4 cups flour, kneading until smooth. Place dough in a greased bowl, and turn several times to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled.
3. Punch down the dough; let it rest a few minutes.
4. Devide into rolls (30-35).Spread each roll on a floured board and add a little tuna mix to the center. Fold the dough and shape into a roll.
5. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Cover with wet tea towel and allow rising for about 15 minutes.
6. Glaze the buns with egg yolk and Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees Celsius) for about 15-25 min. When the glazing starts to turn brown, take the tray out of the oven.
Don’t Over bake, The Fish buns have to be soft. Serve while hot with chili souce or any hot Souce.